Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thank you, God....

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Tonight I don't have anything very original to say, so read this quote if you will from a woman while she was tackling the typically awful task of cleaning out the family van:

"Thank You, God for petrified french fries. Not everyone gets to enjoy an occasional Happy Meal. Thank You, God, for crumpled Sunday-school papers. I'm so grateful that my children are able to attend a good Sunday school and church on a regular basis. Thank You, God, for empty sucker sticks. You seem to send a special treat into our lives when we sometimes least deserve it. Thank You, God, for fingerprints on my windows, made by little people You've chosen to bless my life with. At times they try my patience and get on my nerves, but it won't be long before they won't be little anymore, and I just might wish for those fingerprints again."

I don't know anyone who would immediately say, when prompted, "Oh, I LOVE cleaning out the family car!" I sure don't love it lol. But it has to be done so why fuss and gripe and groan about it while you are cleaning it out, and instead, rejoice in all the goodness in everything you find as it goes in to the trash can or in a bag to be carried back in to the house only to end up back in the van next month when you clean it out again.

I think tomorrow I will clean out the van :)

1 comment:

  1. I like that! It's soo true. I've noticed how much Jenna seems to be growing here in the past couple of weeks and it makes me sad to think that my baby is growing up. We need to spend as much time with them as we can. We need to love them and enjoy every min of them while we can. Thank you, Lisa. =)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please leave one about my post before continuing on your creative journey!